WHAT TO PACK
Generally, casual comfortable clothing is suitable throughout the year. The most practical items to pack are:
- Khaki, brown, white and beige colours.
- Light cotton tops and cotton trousers/shorts in summer.
- Long sleeved blouses/shirts for game drives; they will protect you from the sun and from mosquitoes.
- Safari trousers for evenings and cooler days.
- Fleece or sweater and a warm jacket for game drives (and at Ngorongoro Crater).
- Swimwear is a must for the beach and most safari lodges have decent pools.
- A hat, sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Comfortable walking shoes.
- For climbing Mount Kilimanjaro and Meru, thermal underwear, light layers, sweater, warm jacket, good socks and sturdy boots are recommended.
A FEW FINAL HELPFUL HINTS
- Never destroy bank notes.
- Please show respect for local laws, customs and sensitivities of your host country.
- Do not get out of the vehicle in the parks, without asking the driver.